and I will glorify your name forever. Psalm 86:12
Today is Thanksgiving. I hope you have had a great one. We have spent the week with extended family, cooking, eating and giving thanks.
Like the holiday itself, the practical benefits of gratitude are well known, but seem to require reminders. God is very good. We have been given a world that is both beautiful and productive in meeting our needs. We have been given people in our lives to support us and keep us on our toes. Many of us will be given a few extras in addition to this. We can ignore all these benefits that have been offered to us regardless of our merit, or we can simultaneously acknowledge and enjoy them.
The second option is by far the best for us. Being grateful is how we were meant to live.
Here is the list of the things I am most thankful for. It is not unpredictable. It might even be obvious. But it is genuinely mine and very, very heartfelt.
I am grateful for:
1. My history and family that have brought me to this place in my life.
2. My kind husband
3. My beautiful children who continually surprise and amaze me.
4. The possibility of fostering and raising others.
5. This beautiful life I’ve been given.
6. The ability to grow and appreciate it more.
7. The abundance in which every need I have has been overwhelmingly met.
8. Good friends
9. An indescribably beautiful world.
10. A God who is gracious beyond all measure, and in whom there is no end of new beginnings.
What are you thankful for today?
Blessed eating on this holiday and every day!
Pa’s Fruit Salad
3 apples unpeeled and chopped 3 oranges, peeled and sectioned2 bananas, sliced ¼ c. cherries
1 15-oz. pineapple chunks (drained) ½ c. ch. toasted pecans
Cream Sauce:½ c. sugar 2 T. plain flour
1 c. milk 2 eggs, beaten
Mix and cook over medium heat until thickened. Add lemon juice. Cool and add to fruit. – Jane Henderson